Sunday, March 17, 2013

One of my Restaurant Interiors

This was one of those exciting projects you get to design from the very start. My friend was opening a restaurant and asked me to do all the furniture.  What a great freedom to be given a budget and carte blanche to make whatever you want.

We chose a color scheme that matched my vintage 50s curtains at home and I went to work.  The benches were all vintage, the table is made from recycled bed posts for legs.  My mom made the pillows and bench cushions.  It was a real family affair.

A few months after opening it was named restaurant of the year in the local paper.

The friendship lasted two more restaurants (again, carte blanche to design what I wanted) but now, sadly, I can't recommend the restaurant.  It is beautiful though, so feel free to walk by and look in the windows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment