Sunday, March 17, 2013

Can You Believe This Was A Ten Dollar Goodwill Dresser?!!


I wrapped some trim around a $10 Goodwill Dresser, Added a shelf top and some hand-cut diamonds and viola!

The stores beg me to build dressers but I just can't.  I can build a bench in the time it takes to build a drawer!

So, every once in a while I will pick up a dresser at a sale or at Goodwill and repurpose it.  This was a pretty simple dresser with no trims or decorations.  The shelves were all of my left-over end cuts and pieces of trim that I  had laying around.  Overall this piece cost almost nothing to make since it was all scraps or the $10 dresser itself.

Leafy Dresser: Goodwill dresser, Victorian house trims, Hand-cut diamond appliques, Vintage Plaster picture frame moulding, Miller Latex Paint, Spar Varnish.
Designed and Built (except the dresser) by Brett Bigham
Black Dog Furniture Design
Portland, Oregon.




No comments:

Post a Comment