Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Living Room Suite From Cupboard Doors and Recycled Woods!


This is one of those times where the camera fails you.  This piece, the Red Lotus Mahal, was a recycled built- in cabinet that I found on the side of the street. I wrapped it with trims, added the arches and put on a new top.

I don't know what I did wrong but none of the pictures I took do the top colors justice.  It was Christmas and I thought a suite of furniture, based on historical architecture, done in warm fire colors, would look really beautiful.  



This small table has miniature arches painted on the sides. 

There was also a matching bench, coffee table, two side tables and the Lotus Mahal Shelves.  They were all sold within a few days and none of them were sold together.  Pity, this was a set I was hoping would stay together.

The table tops are all recycled cabinet doors, some new and recycled pin, antique and new trims, hand-cut decorations and appliques, Miller Latex Paint, Spar Varnish.
Designed and Built by Brett Bigham, Black Dog Furniture Design.
Portland, Oregon.








No comments:

Post a Comment