Saturday, March 23, 2013

Once a Cupboard Door, Now a Checkered Table


This little checkered table used to be a cupboard door. The legs are 2x3 pine. I handcut the diamond appliques.  Black is my best seller and a plain black table sells for the same amount as a table that I spend two days painting a design on...but the truth is, I get incredibly bored doing black furniture. 

So, instead of black, I tossed in a little blue and green checker. Each checker is layered with 2-3 colors of paint so when I sand back, all those rich colors come out. It is hard to see in the picture but the richness in the colors on this piece make it worthy of hanging the top on the wall as a piece of art.

Metropolis Checkered Table in Blues and Greens
Designed and Built by Brett Bigham.

No comments:

Post a Comment