Sunday, March 10, 2013

Cupboard Doors, New Pine and Scraps




What do I do with all those little foot long scraps of wood I have left with?  FOOTSTOOLS!  One of my favorite things to do when I am making a delivery to one of the stores, is to make a stack of pieces that fit one on top of the other.  This triples the amount of sales space I am getting out of the space of one bench.

And the amazing thing about footstools?  They run out of the store.  It seems that everyone needs one and not that many people take the time to make proper furniture when they put together a footstool.

With all the scraps I have over I've done a gazillion of these.  I figure, long after I am dead, my footstools will be popping up on Antiques Roadshow.  

Scrap Woods, Cupboard Door, Pine, Handcut Diamonds, Miller Latex Paint, Spar Varnish.
Brett Bigham
Portland, Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment