Sunday, March 10, 2013

From Scrapulous to Fabulous!! Great ideas for scrap wood!


Now, I know not everyone is going to have the interesting scraps laying around that I have, but, with nothing more than a jig-saw you can create pretty much anything!

The backof the black piece was the cut out left over after I cut an arch into a bookshelf. I couldn't just throw something like that away so I turned it into a mirrored altar shelf.  I drew an original arch-way (drawn from some very inspiring photographs I took of the Al Hambre in Spain) and cut out the center panel.  Those cutouts ended up being attached to a piece of furniture later on.

Attached to the bottom of the piece is a triangle pattern.  I do this because, very often, I have very short little  blocks of wood.  I cut them down into triangles and do my best to use them as ornamentation. It creates a very simple and beautiful modern line that is easy to work with and somewhat unique when paired with my painting techniques.

Mirrored Wall Altars. Recycled scrap woods, Miller Latex Paint, Spar Varnish, Antique Mirror Glass.
Designed and Built by Brett Bigham, Portland, Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment