Sunday, March 24, 2013

Blonde and Ebony Living Room Suite


This is a simple color combination that turned out really lovely.  It is always a battle when I finish building a piece. Plain black sells very quickly (these were gone in less than a week) but then I feel like anyone can do plain black.  I like the set above but anyone could have assembled the pieces as I did and painted a table black.  But, occasionally I feel the need to do something simple and elegant. We'll think of this set as my little black dress.  Everyone has to have a simple black dress. (or simple black t-shirt if you are a guy).

My mom brought me a truckload of turned legs she had bought at an estate sale. The old gentleman had spent his last years lathing legs and spindles in his barn on a hand lathe.

Pine, hand-turned legs, hand-cut diamond appliques, Miller Latex Paint, Spar Varnish

Designed and built by Brett Bigham
Black Dog Furniture Design
Portland Oregon

No comments:

Post a Comment