Saturday, April 6, 2013

You Never Know What Secrets Lurk In One Of My Pieces Of Furniture.


I just found this picture of the bottom of the Dog Bench (previous blog). 

It is sad that I don't usually take pictures of the backs or bottoms of most of my pieces.  Quite often I cartoon the bottoms of drawers or the insides of pieces where most people would never think to look.  I've even made sealed compartments full of cartoons and time capsule items that nobody will ever see unless the piece of furniture gets chopped up and the compartments open.  

There is nothing more fun than giving a piece of furniture a secret.  In a complex piece it can be a compartment to hide treasure, or a time capsule.  In something simple it might just be a cartoon on the bottom.  

I do wonder how long it will take for someone to find a hidden family of dogs drawn on the bottom of their dresser drawer or a mouse who lives in the back of a cupboard.


No comments:

Post a Comment