Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Goodwill Dresser Gets A Facelift.


All this $15 Goodwill Dresser needed for a new lease on life was a paint job!

Every store that has ever carried my furniture begs for two things.  Bookshelves and dressers.  Bookshelves I like to build.  Drawers, I hate.  Seriously.  Unless it is a hidden secret compartment drawer, I do everything I can to avoid drawers.

But, the stores still want dressers.  So, when I see a cheap dresser that is banged up and lost it's finish but remains stable and sturdy, I grab it.  I'm sharing this redo with you because I really liked the top of the piece.  The stripes were rich looking and unexpected and I used blue because I was working on a blue table and I thought they would look good in the store together. (I learned a long time ago that if I take in several pieces in the same color scheme, the stores will decorate around them so instead of stray pieces floating around the store, I tend to end up with groups of pieces in the windows and high traffic areas).  The funny thing is I delivered the dresser first, came back the next day with the blue table and the dresser was already gone.  So much for grouping.



No comments:

Post a Comment