Sunday, April 7, 2013

An Old Medicine Cabinet Became This Gothic Cupboard.



This was a case of "what can I make out of this?"

Every once in a while I will stumble upon a cupboard or a cabinet that only needs a facade.  This Gothic Cupboard was once a medicine cabinet with three pegs below to hold towels.  I took off the original door and mirror (which I used on another piece) and put on two Gothicly Arched doors. I was reading the History of England at the time and I used some British Church or other to model the archway.

The tops of the dividing piece between the arched doors and the side supports also echo Gothic design by mirroring the ceiling of the Gothic style church.


Ivory Gothic Wall Cupboard: Medicine Cabinet from 1915 House, Pine, Brass Hinges, Brass Finials, Gold Leaf, Miller Latex paint, Spar Varnish.

Designed and Built By Brett Bigham
Black Dog Furniture Design
Portland, Oregon

No comments:

Post a Comment