Saturday, April 6, 2013

I Made this Living Room Suite In One Day!


I call this style of furniture "Metropolis".  It is my version of Art Deco but I love that my machine like style is completely handmade.  My hand-cut diamond appliques echo square-topped building rivets. Similar ones can be seen on the Chrysler Building in New York.

So, to me, my Metropolis pieces are a fight against the machines in some ways, but at the same time, they are a compliment to a style that was short-lived but incredibly beautiful.

Imagine this Living Room Suite in the same room as this Metropolis bookshelf.  

Ebony Metropolis Living Room Suite & Bookshelves: Pine, Hand-cut Diamond Appliques, New and Victorian House Trims, Miller Latex Paint, Spar Varnish.

Built and Designed By Brett Bigham
Black Dog Furniture Design
Portland, Oregon

No comments:

Post a Comment