Thursday, February 21, 2013

My First Furniture Show


OK, calling this a furniture show might be a bit of an overstatement but that's my term for it.  One of the stores I deal with allowed me take over a whole section of their store.  I built everything in the picture but the bamboo shelves and the upholstered chair.  It was quite an undertaking but I was really enjoying the opportunity to do such a variety of pieces. 

The ivory-colored trunk in the front was a special piece. I lucked into buying a pile of old growth timber that had been cut and milled in the 1930s.  It had been sitting in the back of warehouse up until me buying it and turning it into many of the pieces you see up above.  The ivory shelves in the back were a fun piece too.  I will be honest and admit that it is one of only two pieces I have made that did not sell. After a year of it bouncing around Portico, I took it home, refinished it in ebony, my black finish.  It sold almost immediately when I took it back to the store.

The orange wall shelf is called the Giza Shelf.  Three pyramids in a row line the top.



No comments:

Post a Comment